Thursday, May 1

Jus' a Rascal

I was in London a little over a year ago and went to a grime show at the ICA (pictured) with my boyfriend at the time. I thought it was ok - I have a hard time standing around watching a DJ DJ, but he was over the moon and for the next few months, pretended to be the hype man for After Shock Productions and would spontaneously yell, SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM! That same week, we saw Kurtis Blow , of all people, play, and went to a hip-hop club where we were the only ones that new all of the words to Ms. New Bootie. Anyway, however much I couldn't get into the London underground, I can get behind Dizzee Rascal, who has made three fantastic albums and will be coming to The Triple Rock on the 16th. Look forward to MMTC doing a little somethin somethin with him - anyone know where I can get an airbrushed t-shirt of myself to wear to the interview?

No comments: