Monday, May 12

Letter to AliRose

I was very pleased to open my email this morning and find this email from a guy we will call "Inappropriate Hugger." Thank you, IH, for your DeVotchKa post. Keep em coming!

Hey –

I know there was a request to send thoughts about the show to My Music at Fox, but since I haven't hugged Fox yet I don't feel comfortable sharing my feelings with it/him/her. Anyways, I did get to the show early because I like being close, but not too close. Strangely that is the same approach I have with women... Anyways, the first act doesn't need commenting, they won a contest which is nice for them, not so nice for me. Second act, Basia, well she was adorable, has decent strange presence and was adorable. Did I say she was adorable? Well, musically the last song or two where the energy was picked up was considerably better than the direction the set was going. Maybe I need to listen to her stuff some more, but she was not nearly as good as My Brightest Diamond (last time's opening act). Before getting to the main act some crowd observations, I saw a lot of couples... I mean A LOT. Next down I would say packs of wild girls or gyrls or grls, usually in packs of 4. Not sure what the significance of that was... And finally, my group, sad looking single guys, looking for a taste of happiness or more sadness in strings and accordion music. I must say for a portion of the main act I felt like I was at the State Fair playing "Whack a Mole". Except in this case it was "Whack a Pot Head Hippy Gyrl." You see there were four ladies in front of me that would scrunch do to take a hit of a joint and pass it to the next who would in turn do the same thing. Not sure if they thought that was more discreet or not. The show itself did not feel as energetic as the last two I have been two. I don't know if it was the new tuba sans Christmas lights or something else. I will admit that I do love "Queen of the Surface Streets" and "How It Ends" and am not apologetic for that. I have most of their releases with the exception of the soundtrack and I enjoy it all, but there is something about those songs. As for the Slavic Sisters, that is what it is. Anyways, I hope you had a good time at the show. I did not seek you out for fear of another hugging episode. I know you sought treatment, but it could make for an uncomfortable situation for those attending the show with you.

Tell your mother you love her,
Inappropriate hugger.

No comments: