Friday, July 11

International Day on 10000 Beats

I saw Mongol with my mom last night. While it presented a story that was a little simplified, it was great to watch the landscape, hear the language, and the clothes! Oh the clothes! I'm a total sucker for anything "ethnic" looking - especially things that would make me look like a total idiot. I finally retired my Mexican peasant shirt after it was referred to as a "deal breaker." Sigh. Someday, I will go to Ghana and have my own kente woven and will be able to die a happy woman. Back on topic, there was a lot of throat singing in the movie and it made me wonder what modern Mongolian music sounds like? Well folks, I give you Tatar:


A You Tube commenter translated the song as such: "this song means - one boy loves his classmate /girl/ but she dumped him and so he become .... really bad person, he was good boy, cares his parents... everything because of that girl. this song wants to tell us about love and if someone loves u, mayebe u should think about it and respect him/his love..."

Can't tell what I like best. The throat singing...


Or the hip hop? One thing I do know is that T-Pain should pay special attention to the latter - maybe he could learn how not to use that vocoder so much...

No comments: