Thursday, July 3

Happy Birthday to me

Tomorrow is my birthday and I couldn't have wished for a better early birthday present than this little jem I found on YouTube:

Pretty sure this was an episode where the West Bev kids get over their initial prejudice of South Central and attend a school dance where all are brought together by the freestylin' of one David Silver. What I like most about this clip is if you break up the line dance step by step, Brenda, Kelly and especially Donna's moves are that of dear M.I.A. I spent this spring trying to dance like her, little did I know I could have just watched 90210.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday lady.

Anonymous said...

PS - this is from season two I believe when Brandon is co-editor of the Blaze with Andrea and he does a piece with Jordan (the strong black inner-city school newspaper editor) on race relations and high school sports. The inner-city youth threaten to come to the West Bev dance, and when they do, big Dave Silver does his immodest Vanilla Ice schtick and everybody gets down.

If you recall, Jordan later dates Andrea in season three and both are accepted to Yale. Dre only has the first three seasons on DVD so far, so I haven't seen if they go to Yale or not.